How To Install Cyanogenmod 10 On HTC Desire S In first 2 parts of rooting HTC Desire S process they are :
- How To Root Your HTC Desire S With HBoot Version 2.0.002
- How To Install EXT4 Recovery On HTC Desire S
Now here is final part and main part I am going to show you today that is How To Install Cyanogenmod 10 On HTC Desire S
Since after installing custom recovery it just 2min work to install custom ROM on your device.
Here are Simple steps of How To Install Cyanogenmod 10 On HTC Desire S :
- First you need to download following files :
- Cyanogenmod 10 Custom ROM with Jelly Bean 4.1 Click here to Download
- Google Apps that is Google Play store Click Here To Download
After installing EXT4 Recovery on your phone you will now reboot your Desire S.This time select recovery option from bootloader menu. Recovery Screen will look like this :
- After you enter into recovery mode go to 5th option that is wipe | format
wipe data/factory reset (this may take a while)
then select wipe cache
and wipe dalvik cache.
- After wiping out catches not go to main menu of EXT4 Recovery and select ”install from sdcard” (this will show all content from your memory card ) now select file you have downloaded above “cm-10-20121116-EXPERIMENTAL-saga-NK111.zip”
then after installation is completed again select install from sdcard this time select file “gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip” which is nothing but Google Play store file(this file needed because Google play store do not come with custom ROM).
- Now restart your phone and enter into bootloader mode. This time select Fast Boot Option from bootloader menu. Go to your computer start command prompt.
Copy Paste This Code :
cd c:\android [press enter]
fastboot flash boot boot.img [press enter]
- After all this steps are done restart your phone normally. It may take some more time then usual startup since you have cleared and reinstalled Android OS.
This are some screen shots of Jelly Bean
Here you go you have successfully installed Install Cyanogenmod 10 On HTC Desire S that runs Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2.So you have learned here “How To Install Cyanogenmod 10 On HTC Desire S” . Also, you can play mobile games here.
If you have any query regarding the process you can just lave comment below and I will assist you for the same.And if you like this tutorial then share with friends on Facebook and twitter.